This is such a wonderful activity to do on a beautiful sunny day. You don’t really need to dress the kids in painting clothes or apron, just a nappy or undies will do.
I put a large plastic cloth down in the garden, laid the paper in a row along it and then let my friends spray the paint on the paper (you can also clip the paper onto a garden fence).
It’s important to teach your child how to use the spray bottle before the activity starts. Otherwise, the paint may go in their face, their hair, on their clothes, on the house or on yourself. LOL.
I bought these spray bottles at the flying tiger.
- Apron or a smock
- Spray bottles
- Large white paper
- Tape, pegs or clips (optional)
- Table cloth (optional)
- Dress your child in an apron or a smock.
- Fill ¼ of the spray bottle with paint and then add water to the half way mark.
- You can tape the paper onto a wall, clip onto a garden fence or simply lay it onto the ground.
- Give your child the spray bottle, and explain how to squirt the paint onto the paper.
If there is a little breeze when you do this activity, the paint may blow into the child’s face and hair. Nothing that a nice hot bath will fix.
It kind of goes with out saying then to not dress your child in clothes that could be ruined by the paint.
You child my accidently spray paint their face, so it is important to explain how the spray bottle works before the activity begins.